Is Fashion Important: 20 Excellent Argumentative Essay Topics
You may have heard advice stating that one of the best ways to compose a great argumentative essay is to choose a topic that you find interesting, is original and isn’t too narrow or too broad. There’s no disagreement here, which is why we’ve put together this list of 20 excellent topics for you to choose from to use as your own or as inspiration towards creating one of your own:
- Do you think it’s unethical to employ factory workers in developing countries in order to make significant profits on the latest clothing trends?
- Do you think there are negative psychological effects that come with owning certain fashion products (i.e., name brands)?
- Should manufacturing laws and employees rights’ be universal when products are sold internationally to more stable economies?
- Do you think technology’s influence in how companies sell their products can be held responsible for ongoing maltreatment of factory workers?
- What do you believe has been the biggest historical trend to affect the way garments are produced and consumed?
- Should more people care about the factory workers who make the clothing we purchase?
- Which age group and demographic do you think has the greatest influence on the fashion industry?
- Should new parents care about the brand of clothes their children wear when the materials and construction of said clothes are of the same quality?
- Should factory workers earn a percentage of a company’s shareholder profits, considering how they are often underpaid yet work in difficult conditions?
- Are designer clothing prices unethically high when you consider that a significant part of the world lives below the poverty line?
- How does the garment industry affect what becomes a retro trend? Do you think they should have little to no say on what people want to wear or purchase second hand?
- Do you believe that white collar crimes committed in the clothing industry should be punished more or less than they are now?
- What influence do celebrities and athletes have on clothing lines and should they face public criticism for what happens to a company’s failure (or success)?
- What does the standard of education have to do with how the fashion industry is managed in today’s world?
- Do you think the fashion industry plays a role in preventing schools from adopting dress codes for their students?
- What is your opinion on whether children should be allowed to wear whatever they want in order to feel more comfortable among their peers?
- How important is corporate espionage in the clothing industry and should the government take a greater role in protecting large corporations in this field?
- Should the fashion industry be more concerned about workplace health and safety requirements in their factories?
- Do you believe that the fashion industry should be held responsible for damages made to the environment?
- If given the opportunity to change one trend in clothing from the last two decades what would you choose and why?
Fashion Essay Examples
Spanish Piece on Youth Fashion
The twentieth century is known as the century of the technological age, the technology is present in the lives of the people who live in this century, devices such as computers, cell phones, digital cameras or terms as the Internet and social networks are very common and great importance in our lives. But the fashion… View Article
Fashion and Art
A controversial debate that has existed for many years, and will probably still be argued for many years to come, is the relatively close relationship that fashion and Art has. People in both the fashion and art industries (or as some artists like to call: ‘art world’) have very mixed opinions and ideas on the… View Article
Psychological Influence of Fashion
When one thinks of the identity crisis that plagues people, one is able to discern the connection between fashion and its lure on people. Conformity comes in many forms and affects many aspects of adolescents’ lives. Do adolescents take up a certain way of dressing because everyone else is dressing up that way? Do they… View Article
The Zoot Suit: Fashion Statement in More Ways Than One
Fashion as a reflection of current and social issues is not a new concept. In Old England, fashions were dictated by the values of the monarch on the throne. Sexually repressed Victorian England saw fashions that centered round voluminous, layered skirts as the mode set by Charles Worth and stiff formal wear for the men…. View Article
Working as a fashion stylist
I. Introduction The world of fashion is a very exciting, glamorous and challenging world. There is no doubt that everybody, the rich and famous as well as ordinary people with discriminating tastes, patronizes the fashion trends for nothing is much more satisfying than to indulge oneself in presenting beautifully to the public. In fact according… View Article
The Influence of Art in Fashion
Fashion is a state of mind. A spirit, an extension of one’s self. Fashion talks, it can be an understated whisper, a high-energy scream or an all knowing wink and a smile. Principally fashion is about being comfortable with what you are, translating self-esteem into a personal style. Furthermore, art and design were more directly… View Article
This summer it is “boho” chic. Last summer, it was preppy sailor simplicity. In the late 90’s it was the grunge look. Yellow is the new black. Jeans are the new business casual. And on. And on. Yes, I am writing of fashion trends. The latest look, style, and color floods the covers of magazines,… View Article
A fancy handbag, stylish footwear, shimmering jewellery and a designer dress of substandard quality sell at fantastic prices. Now beauty salons and slimming centers the landmarks of fashionable world are frequented by a large clientele at great expenses even in smaller towns. It seems the inbred urge of the man to appear graceful is awakening… View Article
Coco Chanel vs Alexander McQueen
When it comes to fashion, you can’t compare Gap to Ralph Lauren or Gucci to Keds. The reality of it all, in order to compare fashion you have to know fashion. Fashion in my words, is a way to show or stand out from the next fashionista or guy. It goes from hair to makeup,… View Article
The Evolution of American Women’s Fashion
Fashion has always been a reflection of the collective consciousness and unconsciousness of society. Indeed, until recent centuries, it was the concern of the aristocracy; the clothing of ordinary people changed far less radically. However, the old time consuming traditions of hand craftsmanship, has over the years gone through gradual change. But what has been… View Article
Zara’s Supply Chain Managment
Abstract This case essay provides a business analysis on Zara–the most profitable and well-known fast fashion brand under the world’s largest fashion distributor Inditex Group. The analysis will evaluate Zara by using Porter Models, looking at its Supply Chain Management and defining its current IT challenges. Then, the essay will discuss the costs and benefits… View Article
Punk Fashion Punk fashion is the clothing, hairstyles, cosmetics, jewelry, and body modifications of the punk subculture. Punk fashion varies widely, ranging from Vivienne Westwood designs to styles modeled on bands like The Exploited. The distinct social dress of other subcultures and art movements, including glam rock, skinheads, rude boys, greasers, and mods have influenced… View Article
Tom Ford is an American Fashion designer, who is famous for turning around the Gucci fashion house. For the past 20 years, Tom Ford has been one of the most influential designers in the world. Tom was born in Austin, Texas but spent the majority of his childhood in Santa Fe, New Mexico. For Tom,… View Article
Fashion and Social Media
Due to the changes in technology British luxury brand Burberry has changed its global product and marketing strategy. Burberry is using social media to reposition and better market its product. For small fashion companies like 3. 1 Phillip Lim the use of social media to generate business internationally can be harmful to its reputation. I… View Article
“Clad in a tank top or a cool t-shirt teamed with rugged pants having knee-cuts , unkempt hair, sporting a tattoo, pierced nose and ears, a sling bag and an iPad or a blackberry in hand”- if this is how you carry yourself then, according to today’s Indian youth brigade, you are a FASHIONABLE guy… View Article