Administrative assistant cover letter sample
This cover letter example for an administrative assistant will help you to sell your skills and professional demeanor.
Use these tips to write an administrative assistant cover letter.
To be the successful candidate for an administrative assistant job, it helps to have a cover letter that can sell your administrative skills, such as organization, communication, and time management, to employers. View our sample cover letter for an administrative assistant below.
And if you need additional writing tips, join Monster for free today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter for administrative assistant jobs.
1543 Elm St.
Sometown, NY 11111
Home: (555) 555-5555
1428 Main St.
Anytown, NY 12222
Dear Mr. Short:
Are you spending too much time handling administrative tasks? Would you like to free yourself from tedious detail work so you can focus on building your business? If the answer is yes, then we should speak.
I offer a five-year track record in office management and administrative support. You will benefit from my following key strengths:
- Computer expertise, with proficiency in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access).
- Broad-based experience covering a full spectrum of administrative duties, including executive support, office management, billing/invoicing, payroll administration, customer care, account management, database administration, document preparation, travel/meeting coordination and project/program support.
- Superior multitasking talents, with the ability to manage multiple high-priority assignments and develop solutions to challenging business problems.
- A proven reputation, with a consistent history of exemplary performance reviews and recognition for driving efficiency improvements to office systems, workflows and processes.
I am confident that if you hire me as your administrative assistant, you will have more time and energy to concentrate on growing your business. My resume is enclosed for your review, and I will follow up with you in a few days to discuss your administrative support needs. You may also call me at (555) 555-5555 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time, and have a great day.
Use this sample administrative assistant cover letter to help you write your own winning letter. Send a cover letter with your resume and get the reader's attention and interest.
Make sure that your job application gets the consideration it deserves. The cover letter is one of the most important documents of your job search. A good cover letter will get your resume read and advance you to the interview stage of the administrative assistant hiring process.
Stand out from the crowd with a well written, professional cover letter.
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mrs Mary Stevens
15 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mrs Stevens
In response to your job opening, please consider my resume in your search for an Administrative Assistant. I believe my background and skills closely match your job requirements and I am confident I can make a positive contribution to ABC Company.
Some of my key skills that are relevant to this opportunity include:
- over 5 years professional experience in an administrative capacity providing support and assistance to both a single department and multiple individuals throughout the company.
- in-depth experience in data management, research, report writing, developing presentations, drafting correspondence, organizing meetings and travel, event management and customer service.
- a comprehensive working knowledge of various computer applications including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access.
- an independent worker with a reputation as a resourceful problem-solver who uses her initiative and organizational skills to get the job done.
- regarded as a competent team member who is always prepared to go the extra mile
- proven ability to remain focused and self-directed in a fast paced work environment while dealing with conflicting demands
If you are looking for a motivated administrative assistant who is committed to the highest standards of work performance I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an in-depth discussion.
I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience, please contact me via phone or email to arrange a time and date for us to meet.
Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to speaking with you soon
To write an administrative assistant cover letter that gets the hiring manager's attention and interest, study the job requirements carefully and know which key skills the employer is looking for.
Be sure to highlight your strengths as they relate to these job requirements.
Need help with writing your resume? Customize the sample administrative assistant resume to develop an excellent resume.
How to write an effective administrative assistant resume objective
Use this detailed administrative assistant job description to check the general task and competency requirements for an administrative assistant job.
This list of administrative assistant duties that apply to different admin assistant positions in a range of environments will help you develop a persuasive cover letter.
Sample administrative job descriptions will ensure you have a complete understanding of the administrative position.
Prepare for your job interview with these administrative assistant interview questions
Recommended Cover Letters
Secretary Cover Letter
Office Assistant Cover Letter
Office Manager Cover Letter
Email Cover Letter
Career Change Cover Letter
Executive Assistant Cover Letter
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter Tips
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Administrative Assistant
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page